What a great way to be involved with your child's team this season!! Outlined below are some of the responsibilities of the team mom. See your Manager/Coach and volunteer to help the team as a team mom.
• Mandatory Team Mom Meeting - TWO SESSIONS THIS YEAR
VETERAN TEAM MOMS AND PONY TEAM MOMS: THURSDAY, APRIL 18, 2013
NEW TEAM MOMS - SATURDAY, APRIL 20, 2013 at the Fields of Dreams, 410 McClurg Road in the Administration Building. At this meeting, Team Moms will receive their information packets, team uniforms and fundraiser information. Meeting times are listed below.
• Picture Days - Tuesday, April 23 and Wednesday April 24, 2013. Team moms will distribute picture envelopes to families and pick up team hats on picture day or at meeting if rosters are complete.
• Uniforms - Team moms will receive the team uniforms at their respective meeting. The players will keep all uniforms at the end of the season.
• Fundraiser - Discount Card
• Opening Day Parade - Monday, April 29, 2013
• Opening Day
- Monday, April 29, 2013 Major-Minor AA Boys & Girls
- Monday, May 6, 2013 Minor A, Rookie, Mushball Boys & Girls
TEAM MOM MEETINGS
at the Fields of Dreams - 410 McClurg Road
• VETERAN TEAM MOMS AND PONY TEAM MOMS
THURSDAY, APRIL 18, 2013 AT 7:00 P.M.
• NEW TEAM MOMS OF:
MUSHBALL, ROOKIE, MINOR, MAJOR, COLT, PALOMINO AND TRI-T
SATURDAY, APRIL 20, 2013 AT 10:00 A.M.
Reciting of the Little League Pledge before all games
In an effort to promote good sportsmanship and remind all as to why we play the game, we would like all little league teams (Mushball though Majors) to recite the Little League Pledge before the game starts. The players, managers and coaches should line up on the baselines and recite the pledge together. You may want to copy the pledge on a small piece of paper so the players can have it with them until them memorize the words.
I TRUST IN GOD,
I LOVE MY COUNTRY AND WILL RESPECT ITS LAWS,
I WILL PLAY FAIR AND STRIVE TO WIN,
BUT WIN OR LOSE I WILL ALWAYS DO MY BEST
Publicize your team's games
Just a reminder that the Town Crier and Boardman News are always willing to publicize your team's games. Use the publicity form on the BCB website to send them pictures or information about your game. Paper publicity forms are also available on the rack just inside the BCB office. Return them there and someone from the newspaper will pick them up. Spread the good news about BCB and your kids' accomplishments!